Details for City of Franklin 109 3rd Ave S Franklin, TN 37064 (615)791‑3217 Meeting Agenda
City of Franklin
109 3rd Ave S
Franklin, TN 37064
Board of Mayor & Aldermen
Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:00 PM
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Citizen Comments (Open For Franklin Citizens To Be Heard On Items Not Included On This Agenda. As Provided By Law, The Board Of Mayor And Aldermen Shall Make No Decisions Or Consideration Of Action Of Citizen Comments, Except To Refer The Matter To The City Administrator For Administrative Consideration, Or To Schedule The Matter For Board Consideration At A Later Date. Those Citizens Addressing The Board Of Mayor And Aldermen Are Requested To Come To The Microphone And Identify Themselves By Name And Address For The Official Record.)
Approval Of Minutes.
1. 19‑1279Consideration of Approval of Minutes:
December 4, 2019 6:00 p.m. Special Work Session
December 10, 2019 5:30 p.m. Work Session
December 10, 2019 7:00 p.m. Board of Mayor and Alderman
All Items Under The Consent Agenda Are Deemed To Be Non ‑Controversial And
Routine In Nature By The Governing Body. They Will Be Approved As Recommended By Committee Or Staff By One Motion Of The Governing Body. The Items On The Consent Agenda Will Not Be Discussed. Any Member Of The Governing Body Desiring To
Discuss An Item On The Consent Agenda May Request That It Be Removed From The
Consent Agenda And Be Placed On The Regular Agenda . It Will Then Be Considered At That Time. Staff Recommends That Item Numbers 12‑15 Be Placed On The Consent
2. 20‑0001Consideration of items 12‑15 on the Consent Agenda
3. 19‑1032PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration Of Resolution 2019‑108, Initiating The
Annexation Process And Draft Plan Of Services, For 1268 Lewisburg Pike
(Henpeck Market site). (WS 11/26/19)
4. 19‑0898Consideration Of Ordinance 2019‑34, An Ordinance To Rezone 22.07
Acres From Detached Residential District 1 (R‑1) To Specific
Development Residential (SD‑R 2.03) For The Property Located North Of
South Carothers Road And East Of Surrey Lane, At 4338 & 4340 South
Carothers Road (Carothers Glen PUD). (FMPC 9/26/19, 6‑1; WS 10/8/19;
BOMA 11/12/19, 7‑1, 12/10/19, 7‑1) THIRD AND FINAL READING
Sponsors:Emily Hunter and Dianna Tomlin
5. 19‑1125Consideration Of Ordinance 2019‑44, An Ordinance To Establish A
2‑Hour Parking Time Limit On Both Sides Of 2nd Ave North From Main
Street To Bridge Street In The City Of Franklin, Tennessee. (CIC 11/21/19,
2‑1; BOMA 12/10/19, 7‑1) SECOND AND FINAL READING
6. 20‑0006*Consideration To Grant Water Availability For 2407 Hidden River Lane
(Map 026, Parcel 03205).
Sponsors:Michelle Hatcher and Scott Andrews
7. 19‑1298*Consideration To Deny Sewer Availability For 4426 S Carothers (Map
089, Parcel 05200).
Sponsors:Michelle Hatcher and Scott Andrews
8. 19‑1304*Consideration Of Procurement Award To Stanard & Associates, Inc. Of
Chicago, Illinois In The Total Estimated Annual Amount Of $44,075 For
Police Promotional Process Assessment Services For A Term Of Award
For The Human Resources And Police Departments (Purchasing Office
Procurement Solicitation No. 2020‑011; Contract No. 2019‑0380)
Sponsors:Kevin Townsel and Deb Faulkner
9. 19‑1244Consideration Of Procurement Award To Tristar Energy, LLC Of
Nashville, Tennessee On A Cost‑Plus Basis In The Estimated Total
Amount Of $14,600 Per Year For Supply And Delivery Of Winterized
Diesel Fuel To Multiple Delivery Sites During A Term Of Award
(Purchasing Office Procurement Solicitation No. 2020‑004; Contract No.
2019‑0361) (WS 12/10/19)
10. 20‑0030*Consideration Of Resolution 2020‑01, A Resolution To Revise The Organizational Chart Within The Fire Department.
11. 19‑1288Consideration Of Appointment Of Lorie Layman (Williamson County
Association Of Realtors representative) To The Housing Commission,
Replacing Rob Wigton.
Sponsors:Dr. Ken Moore
All Other Consent Items
12. 19‑1143*Consideration Of Ordinance 2019‑45, An Ordinance To Rezone 1.95
Acres From Detached Residential (R‑2) District To Planned (PD 3.59)
District, For The Property Located West Of Carothers Parkway And South
Of Dandridge Drive, 3513 Carothers Parkway (Carothers Stacked Flats
PUD Subdivision); Establishing A Public Hearing For February 11, 2020.
(FMPC 12/12/19, 8‑0) FIRST OF THREE READINGS
13. 19‑1214*Consideration Of Resolution 2019‑121, A Resolution To Annex Two
Properties At Or Near 1445 Lewisburg Pike, Consisting Of 74.95 Acres, Property Located East Of Lewisburg Pike And North And South Of Stream
Valley Boulevard And Within The Southern Part Of The Franklin Urban
Growth Boundary (UGB) (Meadows And Villages At Southbrooke PUD).
Establishing A Public Hearing For February 11, 2020. (FMPC 12/12/19,
8‑0) FIRST OF THREE READINGS
14. 19‑1216*Consideration Of Ordinance 2019‑48, An Ordinance To Zone 74.95
Acres Planned (PD 2.74) District And Scenic Corridor Overlay (SCO)
District For The Property Located East Of Lewisburg And North And South
Of Stream Valley Boulevard, At And Near 1445 Lewisburg Pike (Meadows
And Villages At Southbrooke PUD); Establishing A Public Hearing For
February 11, 2020. (FMPC 12/12/19, 8‑0) FIRST OF THREE READINGS
15. 19‑1150*Consideration Of Ordinance 2019‑46, An Ordinance To Rezone 17.53
Acres From Specific Development Mixed‑Use (SD‑X 3.39/68,961) District
To Planned (PD 2.74/68,961) District For The Property Located South Of
Churchill Place And North Of Murfreesboro Road, 1111 & 1123
Murfreesboro Road (Township PUD Subdivision); Establishing A Public
Hearing For February 11, 2020. (FMPC 12/12/19, 8‑0) FIRST OF THREE
RECEIPT OF REPORTS AND ITEMS APPROVED ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
16. 18‑0838COF Contract No. 2018‑0133 Agreement For Dedication Of Water Line
Easement For The Mack Hatcher North West Utility Relocations Project.
17. 19‑0254COF Contract No. 2019‑0092 A Professional Services Agreement With
Trihedral, Inc. To Provide VT Scada Software Licenses For The Water
Treatment Plant, Wastewater Collection System, And Water Distribution
18. 19‑0499COF Contract No 2019‑0156 Warranty Deed For The Del Rio Pike
19. 19‑1173COF Contract No. 2019‑0334 With Kiser Arena Specialists For
Consultation Services For The Equestrian Arena At The Park At
Sponsors:Lisa Clayton and Parks
20. 19‑1238COF Contract No. 2019‑0360 With CivicPlus For Agenda Management
21. 19‑1258COF Contract No. 2019‑0364 With Regenerations, LLC For Leadership
Development Training In An Amount Of $14,500.
22. 19‑1261COF Contract No. 2019‑0365 With Holliday׀Kenning Inc. For Leadership
Development Training In An Amount Of $24,000.
23. 19‑1284COF Contract No. 2018‑0144 Agreement For Dedication Of Sanitary
Sewer Easements For 111 Daniel McMahon Lane.
Sponsors:Michelle Hatcher and Todd Snackenberg
24. 19‑1296COF Contract No. 2019‑0343 With Fortiline Waterworks Of Nashville,
Tennessee In The Total Amount Of $42,120 For 3,000 Lids For Water
Meter Boxes For The Water Management Department (Purchasing Office
Procurement Solicitation No. 2020‑015).
25. 19‑1210COF Contract No. 2019‑0350 License Agreement With The Tennessee
Department Of Transportation For The Multi‑Use Trail Along SR‑96 West
From Vera Valley Drive To 5th Avenue North.
26. 19‑1159COF Contract No. 2010‑0045 Amendment 7 With Infor Public Sector For
The Purchase Of Electronic Bill Presentment Software.
27. 19‑1188COF Contract No. 2019‑0341 With Samba Safety For Driver License
28. 19‑1189COF Contract No. 2019‑0342 Rental Agreement With The Factory At
Franklin For The Employee Health & Safety Fair.
29. 19‑1234COF Contract No. 2019‑0356 With Burris, Thompson & Associates For
Review Of The Position Classification And Compensation Plan For The
Employees Of The City Of Franklin, TN.
30. 19‑1291Sole‑Source Purchase From Southern Sales ‑ Tencarva Municipal, A
Division Of Tencarva Machinery Co. Of Nashville, TN Of The Supply And
Delivery Of A Quantity Of 60 Ultraviolet Lamps And Various Quantities Of
Related Accessories In The Total Amount Of $36,430.95 Plus Freight For
The Effluent Disinfection System At The Water Reclamation Facility, For
The Water Reclamation Division Of The Water Management Department.
31. 19‑1292Sole‑Source Purchase From Stryker Medical Of Portage, Michigan In The
Total Amount Of $33,671.90 For One (1) Lifepak 15 Cardiac Monitor /
Defibrillator For The Fire Department ($33,000.00 Budgeted In
130‑89530‑42200 For Fiscal Year 2020).
32. 19‑1297Tennessee Highway Safety Office FFY 2020 Grant Award.
33.20‑0002Motion to move into Executive Session
RETURN FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION
34.20‑0003Actions from Executive Session
Scheduled Meetings and Events
January 20 4:00 p.m. Historic Zoning Design Review Committee
January 23 4:00 p.m. Capital Investment Committee
January 23 5:00 p.m. FMPC & BOMA Joint Workshop
January 23 7:00 p.m. Franklin Planning Commission
January 28 5:00 p.m. BOMA Work Session
January 28 7:00 p.m. Board of Mayor and Aldermen
Anyone needing accommodations due to disabilities please contact the Risk Manager at 615‑791‑3277 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Early bird passes available for Pilgrimage Festival
- Hoops: CPA's Washburn named district MVP; handful of WillCo area players honored
- Parks adds to Brentwood team
- Local Destination Imagination team launches sneaker drive fundraiser
- Leadership Brentwood Class of 2021 applications open
- Alzheimer's Association benefits from inaugural Valentine's Dance
- Third annual Better Options TN banquet looks to future
- Studio Tenn to host special premiere of 'Little Women' Monday night
- Obituary: Kathryn Elizabeth 'Katy' Nappier
- Aldermen, neighbors denounce project putting road through Gentry’s Farm
- Nonprofit serving special-needs sector hopes to build new facility
- All signs pointed to yes for Franklin couple
- Hoops: Page manager steals show in Lady Patriots senior night win
- Chick-fil-A to open another Franklin location
- Building permit data reveals construction slowdown in Franklin
- Spring Hill man charged with DUI in Franklin Wednesday afternoon
- Wrestling: WillCo grapplers collect 10 Region 7-AAA titles, qualify 39 for state
- Urban Air Adventure Park cuts ribbon in Cool Springs