Details for City of Franklin
City of Franklin
Franklin Municipal Planning Commission
109 3rd Ave S
Franklin, TN 37064
City Hall Board Room
Thursday, February 28, 2019
Notice is hereby given that the Franklin Municipal Planning Commission will hold a
regular meeting on Thursday, February 28, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Board
Room. Additional information can be found at www.franklintn.gov/planning.
The purpose of the meeting will be to consider matters brought to the attention of the
Planning Commission and will include the following.
The typical process for discussing an item is as follows:
1. Staff presentation,
2. Public comments,
3. Applicant presentation, and
Applicants are encouraged to come to the meeting, even if they agree with the staff
recommendation. The Planning Commission may defer or disapprove an application/request unless someone is present to represent it.
For accommodations due to disabilities or other special arrangements, please contact
the Human Resources Department at (615) 791‑3216, at least 24 hours prior to the
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approval of the January 24, 2019 Minutes.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
2. Election of Chair and Vice‑Chair of the Franklin Municipal Planning Commission for 2019.
CITIZEN COMMENTS ON ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA
Open for Franklin citizens to be heard on items not included on this Agenda. As provided by law, the Planning Commission shall make no decisions or consideration of action of citizen comments, except to refer the matter to the Planning Director for administrative consideration, or to schedule the matter for Planning Commission consideration at a later date. Those citizens addressing the Planning Commission are required to complete a Public Comment Card in order for their name and address to be included within the official record.
VOTE TO PLACE NON‑AGENDA ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
The non‑agenda process, by design, is reserved for rare instances, and only minor
requests shall be considered. Non‑agenda items shall be considered only upon the
unanimous approval of all of the Planning Commission members.
The items under the consent agenda are deemed by the Planning Commission to be
non‑controversial and routine in nature and will be approved by one motion. The items
on the consent agenda will not be individually discussed. Any member of the Planning
Commission, City Staff, or the public desiring to discuss an item on the consent agenda
may request that it be removed and placed on the regular agenda. It will then be
considered in its printed order.
• Initial Consent Agenda
• Secondary Consent Agenda‑ to include any items in which Commissioners recuse
SITE PLAN SURETIES
3. Bancorp South Subdivision, site plan, (Liberty Pike Office Building); release the maintenance agreement for drainage improvements.
4. Franklin Park Subdivision, site plan, (One Franklin Park Office Building); accept the drainage improvements, release the performance agreement and establish a maintenance agreement for one year. (CONSENT AGENDA)
5. Franklin Park Subdivision, site plan, (Open Space Lot/Parkland/Infrastructure); extend the performance agreement for drainage improvements to February 27, 2020. (CONSENT AGENDA)
6. Lockwood Glen PUD Subdivision, site plan, sections 8‑11 (Mass Grading); extend the performance agreement for drainage improvements to February 27, 2020. (CONSENT AGENDA)7.Watson Glen Subdivision, site plan, section 2, Assisted Living Facility; release the maintenance agreement for green infrastructure improvements. (CONSENT AGENDA)
8. Williamson County Medical Center Subdivision, site plan, revision 2 (Additions and Renovations); release the maintenance agreement for water and sewer improvements. (CONSENT AGENDA)
REZONINGS AND DEVELOPMENT PLANS
9. Berry Farms Reams Fleming Tract PUD Subdivision, Development Plan, Revision 2, (Ramsey Headquarters), A Revision to 650,000 Square Feet of Office and Conference Space in 4 Buildings on 45.17 Acres, North of the Intersection of Reams Fleming Blvd and Pratt Lane.
10. Consideration Of Resolution 2019‑09: “A Resolution Approving A Development Plan For Huffines Property PUD Subdivision With 2 Modifications Of Development Standards (Maximum Retaining Wall Height, Evergreen Shrubs), For The Property Located South Of East McEwen Drive And West Of Carothers Parkway.”
11. Consideration of Ordinance 2019‑03: “An Ordinance To Rezone 12.67 Acres From General Commercial (GC) District To Specific Development ‑Variety (SD‑X) (18.8,150000,170) District For The Property Located South Of East McEwen Drive And West Of Carothers Parkway (Huffines Property PUD Subdivision).”
12. Consideration Of Ordinance 2019‑02: “An Ordinance To Rezone 10.03 Acres From General Commercial (GC) District To Civic‑Institutional (CI) District For The Property Located South Of East McEwen Drive And West Of Carothers Parkway (Future City Park).”
13. Consideration Of Resolution 2018‑64: “A Resolution Approving A Development Plan For Carothers Chase PUD Subdivision, For Property Located North Of South Carothers Road And East Of Carothers Parkway (4338 And 4340 South Carothers Road).” (11/27/18 WS; 1/08/19 BOMA Referred to 2/12/19 for Public Hearing 7‑0; 02/12/19 BOMA Referred this item to 2/28/19 FMPC 8‑0)
14. Consideration Of Ordinance 2018‑43: “An Ordinance To Rezone 22.07 Acres From The Detached Residential 1 District (R‑1) To The Specific Development ‑ Residential (SD‑R 2.04) District For The Property Located North Of South Carothers Road And East Of Carothers Parkway, 4338 And 4340 South Carothers Road (Carothers Chase).” (11/15/18 FMPC 7‑0, 11/27/18 WS & BOMA 1st Reading 8‑0;1/08/19 BOMA 7‑0, deferred
Third Reading to 2/12/19 BOMA Old Business; 02/12/19 BOMA Referred this item to 2/28/19 FMPC 8‑0)
SITE PLANS, PRELIMINARY PLATS, AND FINAL PLATS
15. Avondale Cottages PUD Subdivision, Final Plat, Creating 40 Single‑Family Residential Lots And Five Open‑Space Lots On 5.31 Acres, Located At 302 Avondale Drive. (CONSENT AGENGA)
16. Battle Ground Park Subdivision, Site Plan, Lots 35 & 36 (Bed And Breakfast), A Bed And Breakfast Use Of 3,417 Square Feet, On 0.28 Acres, Located At 1330 Columbia Ave.
17. Lockwood Glen PUD Subdivision, Final Plat, Section 9, Creating 21 Single‑Family Residential Lots And Three Open‑Space Lots On 5.63 Acres, Located At 4315 S. Carothers Road. (CONSENT AGENDA)
18. Myles Manor Park Subdivision, Final Plat, Section B, Revision 1, Resubdivision of Lots 14‑23, Consolidating 10 Properties To Create 3 Single‑Family Lots, On 0.8 Acres, Located At 111 Winslow Road. (CONSENT AGENDA)
19. Simmons Ridge PUD Subdivision, Final Plat, Section 8, Creating 43 Residential Lots And Eight Open Space Lots On 12.24 Acres, Located At 4408 S. Carothers Road. (CONSENT AGENDA)
20. Tap Root Hills PUD Subdivision, Final Plat, Section 4, Creating 23 Single‑Family Residential Lots And Two Open Space Lots On 15.85 Acres, Located South Of Clovercroft Road And East Of Market Street. (CONSENT AGENDA)
21. Woodlands Subdivision, Final Plat, Lot 17, Revision 5, Recording Infrastructure And Easements On 1.66 Acres, Located At The Southwest Corner Of The Intersection Of Murfreesboro Road And Southwinds Drive. (CONSENT AGENDA)
ANY OTHER BUSINESS