Details for City of Franklin Board of Mayor & Aldermen and Franklin Municipal Planning Commission Thursday, January 28, 2021 5:00 PM
City of Franklin
109 3rd Ave S Franklin, TN 37064 (615) 791-3217
Board of Mayor & Aldermen and Franklin Municipal Planning Commission
Thursday, January 28, 2021 5:00 PM
City Hall Training Room
Notice is hereby given that a joint, non-voting workshop of the Board of Mayor and Aldermen and the Franklin Municipal Planning Commission will be held on the date, time and in the location stated above. Additional information can be found at www.franklintn.gov/planning. For accommodations due to disabilities, contact the
Human Resource Department at 791-3216, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
The typical process for discussing an item in this workshop setting is as follows:
1. Applicant / staff presentation, and 2. BOMA and FMPC comments The Board of Mayor and Aldermen and Franklin Municipal Planning Commission Joint Workshop will limit
physical access in the meeting room due to current limitations on public gatherings to prevent further spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the City of Franklin officials, staff, and citizens. The purpose of this meeting will be to conduct a project review workshop. No decisions on applications will be made at this meeting. Pursuant to the bylaws, this meeting does not provide for public comment; therefore, viewing only options will be provided. Accommodations have been made to ensure that the public is able to view the meeting. The public may view the meeting in the following ways: • Watch the meeting on FranklinTV or the City of Franklin website. • Watch the live stream through the City of Franklin Facebook and YouTube accounts.
• Limited viewing will be available in the lobby of City Hall for up to ten persons to watch the live video. Masks are required in City Hall.
• City YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CityOfFranklin
• City Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/CityOfFranklin
• City website: https://www.franklintn.gov/franklintv
1. Consideration Of Resolution 2020-284, A Resolution Declaring That The Franklin Municipal Planning Commission And Board Of Mayor And Aldermen Shall Meet On January 28, 2021, And Conduct Its Essential Business By Electronic Means Rather Than Being Required To Gather A Quorum Of The Members Physically Present In The Same Location Because It Is Necessary To Protect The Health, Safety, And Welfare Of Tennesseans In Light Of The COVID-19 Outbreak.
Sponsors: Amy Diaz-Barriga, Emily Wright
CALL TO ORDER
2. (5:00 - 5:45 pm) Discussion for a coordinated study of land use, infrastructure, and roadway network for the Goose Creek Drainage Basin.
3. (5:45 - 6:30 pm) Discussion for the use of gated communities in future developments, at the request of Aldermen Speedy.
- State Wrestling: Bennett wins his title for Fairview
- Franklin pastor, other faith leaders ask Tennessee lawmakers to oppose permitless carry bill
- Fit One Five celebrates recent opening in Cool Springs
- White’s memoir sheds fascinating light on life of family descended from Black sharecropper
- Wrestling: Nolensville’s Lippincott guts out one more match to reach podium
- Trader Joe’s gets OK to open in Cool Springs
- Community continues to support family displaced after house fire
- Brentwood resident to be honored at upcoming PGA TOUR Champions event
- Commentary: This boomer is confident the ‘kids’ won’t go bust
- 2 local barns collapse due to ice, snow accumulation on roof
- Obituary: Campbell Jake Martin
- How to get a COVID-19 vaccine under phase 1b
- Franklin-based VeggieTales co-creator pursues new animation project
- Nursing student from Brentwood to compete for Miss Tennessee USA 2021
- Group forms to advocate for racial equity in WCS
- Local business owner laments gentrification of neighborhoods
- Hoops: Franklin's super seniors enjoy one final ride together
- Local health officials answer questions about COVID-19 vaccine