Details for City of Franklin Historic Zoning Commission Meeting Agenda June 14, 2021
City of Franklin
Historic Zoning Commission
June 14, 2021
Public notice is hereby given that the Historic Zoning Commission (HZC) will hold a regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, June 14, 2021, at 5:00 P.M. in the City Hall Board Room, 109 Third Avenue South, Franklin, Tennessee. If you have any questions prior to the meeting, please contact the Planning Department at 615-791-3212.
The purpose of the regular meeting will be to consider matters brought to the attention of the HZC and will include the following:
CALL TO ORDER
• Approval of the May 10, 2021 Minutes.
VOTE TO PLACE NON-AGENDA ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
The non-agenda process, by design, is reserved for emergency instances. Non-agenda items shall be considered only upon the unanimous approval of all the HZC members.
CITIZEN COMMENTS ON ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA
Open for Franklin citizens to be heard on items not included on this Agenda. As provided by law, the HZC shall make no decisions or consideration of action of citizen comments, except to refer the matter to the Planning Director for administrative consideration, or to schedule the matter for HZC consideration at a later date.
CERTIFICATE OF APPROPRIATENESS (COA) APPLICATIONS
1. Consideration of Preliminary HZC Recommendation Request for Potential Development at the Southeast and Southwest Corners of the Intersection at Mack Hatcher Pkwy. and Franklin Rd.; Kiser Vogrin Design, Applicant.
2. Consideration of Preliminary HZC Recommendation Request for Potential Development at 600 Boyd Mill Ave.; 906 Studio Architects, Applicant.
3. Consideration of Bicentennial Park Pavilion Alterations, located at 200 & 214 N. Margin St.; City of Franklin, Applicant.
4. Consideration of Signage as related to Franklin Road Infrastructure Improvements, located between the Harpeth River and Mack Hatcher Pkwy.; City of Franklin, Applicant.
5. Consideration of Alterations (Masonry) at 255 4th Ave. S.; Neil Paez, Applicant.
6. Consideration of Partial Demolition & Addition (Principal) at 212 Lewisburg Ave.; Don Burke, Applicant.
7. Consideration of New Construction at 125 Splendor Ridge Dr.; Chad Gore, Applicant.
8. Consideration of New Construction at 131 Splendor Ridge Dr.; Chad Gore, Applicant.
9. Consideration of Alterations (Porch/Walkway Construction) at 202 3rd Ave. N.; Steve Akers, Applicant.
RECEIPT OF ADMINISTRATIVE COA APPROVALS ON BEHALF OF THE HZC
• Signage at 435 Main St.; Dave Thompson, Applicant.
• Sandwich Board Signage at 305 Public Sq.; Alicia Marshall, Applicant.
• Signage at 133 1st Ave. N; Jim Rowan, Applicant.
Anyone requesting accommodations due to disabilities should contact the Human
Resources Department at (615) 791-3216, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Local children's author to host writing presentation at Brentwood Library
- Tickets on sale for Playhouse Raffle benefiting CASA
- King Henry leads Titans' late rally to stun Seahawks 33-30
- Downpours hold off for Harpeth Conservancy River Swing
- Brentwood Academy graduate recognized for 9/11 remembrance photo
- County begins decennial reapportionment of 12 commission, school board districts
- Nashville Shakespeare Festival to return to Performing Arts Center
- Franklin Band to host Sonic Boom! competition Oct. 2
- Franklin board hears pushback, support for Brownland Farm development
- CEO: Williamson Medical ventilating patients at higher rate than past COVID surges
- Tayla Lynn to host Humphreys County fundraiser at Franklin Theatre
- Pilgrimage Festival to kick off day two with Sunday Service
- Franklin citizens invited to community meetings to discuss growth boundary
- Obituary: Charles Baker 'Charlie' Woodall Sr.
- Commentary: The truth hurts
- WCS staff likely to recommend extending mask requirement
- Former Williamson County deputy arrested on official misconduct charge
- I-65 road rage incident under investigation