Details for City of Franklin Historic Zoning Commission Meeting Agenda September 14, 2020
City of Franklin
Historic Zoning Commission
September 14, 2020
Public notice is hereby given that the Historic Zoning Commission (HZC) will hold a regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, September 14, 2020, at 5:00 P.M. in the City Hall Board Room, 109 Third Avenue South, Franklin, Tennessee. The City will restrict physical access in the meeting room to a small number of staff members due to current limitations on public gatherings to prevent further spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health, safety, and welfare of City of Franklin officials, staff, and citizens. Accommodations have been made to ensure that the public is still able to participate in the meeting. The public may participate in the following ways: • Watch the meeting on FranklinTV. • Watch the live stream through the City of Franklin Facebook and YouTube accounts. • The public may call in to the conference meeting 1-312-626-6799; Meeting ID: 989 3604 8009; Password: 421919. Callers will be unmuted and given the opportunity to comment during the meeting at specific times. • Limited viewing will be available in the lobby of City Hall to watch the live video. • The public may email questions to email@example.com to be read aloud during the meeting. Comments will be accepted up until one hour prior to the meeting. • Share your official comment with the agenda item number specified in the comment section of the Facebook or YouTube live videos.
If you have any questions prior to the meeting, please contact the Planning Department at 615-791-3212.
The purpose of the regular meeting will be to consider matters brought to the attention of the HZC and will include the following:
CALL TO ORDER
Consideration of Resolution 2020-173, “A Resolution Declaring That The Historic Zoning Commission Shall Meet On September 14, 2020, And Conduct Its Essential Business By Electronic Means Rather Than Being Required To Gather A Quorum Of The Members Physically Present In The Same Location Because It Is Necessary To Protect The Health, Safety, And Welfare of Tennesseans In Light Of The COVID-19 Outbreak”
• Approval of the August 10, 2020 Minutes.
VOTE TO PLACE NON-AGENDA ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
The non-agenda process, by design, is reserved for emergency instances. Non-agenda items shall be considered only upon the unanimous approval of all the HZC members.
CITIZEN COMMENTS ON ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA
Open for Franklin citizens to be heard on items not included on this Agenda. As provided by law, the HZC shall make no decisions or consideration of action of citizen comments, except to refer the matter to the Planning Director for administrative consideration, or to schedule the matter for HZC consideration at a later date.
CERTIFICATE OF APPROPRIATENESS (COA) APPLICATIONS
1. Consideration of Recommendation Request for Proposed Public Art United States Colored Troops Statue on the Southwest Quadrant of the Public Square; Battle of Franklin Trust, Applicant.
2. Consideration of Alterations (Landscaping) at 340 4th Ave. S.; Allyson Williams, Applicant.
3. Consideration of Fencing at 210 2nd Ave. S.; Paris Goodyear-Brown, Applicant.
4. Consideration of Lighting & Signage at 125 1st Ave. N.; Kristina Horan, Applicant.
5. Consideration of Wall & Awning Signage at 118 E. Main St.; Christi Lassen, Applicant.
6. Consideration of Half-Story Addition & Roof Material Alteration (Accessory) and Roof Material Alteration (Principal) at 419 Boyd Mill Ave.; Durden Architecture, Applicant.
7. Consideration of Accessory Structure Relocation & Alterations (Reconstruction of Rear Building Wall, Replacement of Portions of Siding/Select Windows/Door/Roofing, Chimney/Foundation Reconstruction, Restoration of Original Fenestration and Porch Configuration) & Site Alterations (Partial Freestanding Brick and Stone Wall Demolition) at 423 S. Margin St.; Cyril Stewart, Applicant.
RECEIPT OF ADMINISTRATIVE COA APPROVALS ON BEHALF OF THE HZC
• Signage at 404 Bridge St.; Shelley Robertson, Applicant.
• Signage at 212-214 E. Main St.; Matt Brown, Applicant.
• Signage at 134 4th Ave. N.; Russell Skrabut, Applicant.
• Signage at 204 9th Ave. S.; David Farrar, Applicant.
Anyone requesting accommodations due to disabilities should contact the Human Resources Department at (615) 791-3216, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Longview Elementary spends week in remote learning alongside secondary schools
- Battle of Franklin remembered 156 years later
- Some Ladd Park residents oppose potential sports development nearby
- Gresham Smith to design Ramsey Solutions Conference Center
- Championship Football: Several area teams to play for state titles this week
- Hoops: Page takes two from Fairview
- BrandMETTLE cuts ribbon on downtown Franklin space
- Deadline approaching for tnAchieves mentor applications
- Couple, after 66-day ICU battle, seeks to comfort anyone dealing with COVID-19
- Residents unite for Dec. 5 Christmas parade
- Death of Alderman Pearl Bransford leaves hole in Franklin community
- Franklin Parks Dept. to host first-ever drive-through Christmas light display
- Playoff Football: Brentwood reaches first championship since 2002
- Playoff Football: Nolensville's season blown over by Elizabethton
- Holiday Magic on Main launches in downtown Franklin
- Playoff Football: Semifinal showdown awaits as Brentwood eyes Bartlett
- Obituary: Douglas Blake Hargrove
- Playoff Football: Summit earns trip back to state finals