Details for City of Franklin Meeting Agenda Work Session Tuesday, December 8, 2020 5:00 PM Board Room
City of Franklin
109 3rd Ave S
Franklin, TN 37064
Tuesday, December 8, 2020 5:00 PM Board Room
The Board of Mayor and Aldermen Work Session will limit physical access in the meeting room due to current limitations on public gatherings. Accommodations have been made to ensure that the public is able to participate in the meeting. The public may participate in the following ways: • Watch the meeting on FranklinTV or the City of Franklin website. • Watch the live stream through the City of Franklin Facebook and YouTube accounts. • Call in to the conference meeting 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID: 988
2477 2540 Passcode: 814502 . Callers will be unmuted and given an opportunity to comment during the meeting at specific times. • Limited viewing will be available in the lobby of City Hall to watch the live video and make public comment. • The public may email comments and questions prior to 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting to email@example.com to be read aloud. • Live comments and those submitted by email will be limited to 2 minutes. • City YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CityOfFranklin • City Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/CityOfFranklin • City website: https://www.franklintn.gov/franklin-tv
CALL TO ORDER
MEETING PROCEDURE CHANGES
1. Consideration Of Resolution 2020-250, A Resolution Declaring That The Board Of Mayor And Aldermen Members Shall Meet On December 8, 2020 For Work Session And Conduct Its Essential Business By Electronic Means Rather Than Being Required To Gather A Quorum Of The Members Physically Present In The Same Location Because It Is Necessary To Protect The Health, Safety, And Welfare Of Tennesseans In Light Of The COVID-19 Outbreak. Sponsors: Shauna Billingsley
WORKSESSION DISCUSSION ITEMS
2. Discussion Regarding The Conceptual Master Plan For Collins Farm And Consideration Of Entering Into A Lease Agreement With The National Society Of The Daughters Of The American Revolution. Sponsors: Lisa Clayton
3. Consideration Of Resolution 2020-245, A Resolution Approving A Mural Entitled “Let Your Light Shine” On The Riley Family Salon Boutique And Special Events Facility Located at 919 Columbia Avenue. Establishing A Public Hearing For January 12, 2021.
Sponsors: Monique McCullough
4. *Consideration Of Resolution 2020-252, A Resolution Authorizing The City Administrator To Approve Agreements To Acquire Rights-Of-Way And/Or Easements For The East McEwen Drive Phase 4 Improvements Project (COF Project No. 2015-002) Without Prior Approval By The Board Of Mayor And Aldermen.
Sponsors: Paul Holzen, Jonathan Marston, Sarah Roop
5. Discussion Of Proposed Ordinance To Amend Title 21 Of The City Of Franklin Municipal Code To Create a New Chapter 7 Authorizing Incentives For The Construction Of Low- And Moderate-Income Housing Within The City Of Franklin, Tennessee.
Sponsors: Vernon Gerth, Tom Marsh, Kathleen Sauseda
6. Consideration Of Resolution 2020-249, A Resolution Declaring That The City Will Continue To Accept Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) Funds From The Department Of Housing And Urban Development And That The City Will Expend Those Funds By Partnering With Local Agencies, In Addition To Those Agencies Named In Resolution 2020-91, To Reimburse Them For Expenses Incurred To Prevent, Prepare For, And Respond To The Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Sponsors: Tom Marsh, Kathleen Sauseda
7. Discussion Of Amendment 2 To COF Contract No. 2014-0305, An Interlocal Agreement With Marshall County, Tennessee Regarding Recycling Processing.
Sponsors: Mark Hilty, Jack Tucker
8. Consideration Of Resolution No. 2020-188, A Resolution Authorizing The Use Of The Competitive Sealed Proposal Procurement Method For Choosing The Service Provider For Utility Bill Paper Printing, Mailing And Coordinated Electronic Presentment, Image Archival, Retrieval, E-Mailing And Related Services For The Revenue Management Division Of The Administration Department (Purchasing Office Procurement Solicitation No. 2021-009). Sponsors: Kristine Brock, Jessica Davey
9. Proposed 2021 Calendar Of Board Of Mayor And Aldermen Meetings.
Sponsors: Eric Stuckey, Lanaii Benne
10. Discussion Of Process For Filling Vacant At-Large Alderman Seat.
Sponsors: Mayor Ken Moore
Anyone needing accommodations due to disabilities please contact the ADA Coordinator at 615-791-3277 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Softball: Summit clinches District 11-AAA championship
- Softball: Dickson County dispatches Brentwood behind early surge
- Independence students raise $27K for local Ronald McDonald House
- Franklin resident chosen as president-elect of American College of Physicians
- Titans agree to terms with Farley, 5 of 8 draft picks
- Marketing Worx celebrates Franklin launch
- Softball: Brentwood holds off Franklin, advances in district tourney
- WCS plans to make masks optional starting in summer
- Judge dismisses anti-mask group’s claims against WCS
- FSSD plans for optional masks in summer, no virtual school next year
- Five Points Farmers Market a welcome addition to downtown Franklin
- Franklin couple allegedly defrauds elderly widow of $1.7M
- ‘Fighting Devil’s Backbone’: A story about the Natchez Trace
- WCS plans to make masks optional starting in summer
- WCS teacher arrested on sexual exploitation of a minor charge
- Baseball: Cougars rally to edge Page in 10 innings; Brentwood bounced by Spring Hill
- Obituary: Megan Sturm
- Head Springs Depot steps up to help Pink Chair Project