Details for CITY OF FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
CITY OF FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Franklin, Tennessee will receive sealed bids, subject to the conditions contained herein, in the office of the City Engineer; City Hall Building; 109 3rd Ave South; Franklin, TN 37065, until 1PM on Friday, August 7, 2020, at which time the Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud for the following Work:
Freedom Ball Fields
CONTRACT NO: COF 2020-0173
The Project generally consists of the furnishing of all materials, equipment and labor for the construction of Baseball Fields, Restroom Pavilion, Concession Pavilion, Batting Cage, Site Work, Reclaimed Irrigation and Utility Services.
All prospective sports field contractors shall be prequalified by the Owner and shall submit required information regarding their qualifications by Thursday July 9, 2020.
A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held for this Project at the following date and time:
Date:Thursday, July 16, 2020
Time:1:00 PM (CDT)
Location:This will be a virtual meeting. Bidders on the approved list will receive an email inviting them to the non-mandatory pre-bid meeting.
The Issuing Office for the Bidding Documents is Engineering Department; City Hall Building; 109 3rd Ave South; Franklin, TN 37064 by paying a non-refundable fee of $100 per set of said Bidding Documents. Receipt of payment will place Bidder on an approved list. Prospective bidders may examine the Bidding Documents at the Issuing Office or by visiting the City of Franklin, TN Business Opportunities Webpage.
Given the safety concerns around public gatherings and physical distancing amid the coronavirus / Covid-19 pandemic, the following has been determined:
1) Bidding Documents may only be obtained by mail. Unofficial copies of the Bidding Documents may be viewed on the City of Franklin, TN website (https://www.franklintn.gov/business/business-opportunities-with-the-city-1494). The City is no longer allowing the direct purchase at the Issuing Office. Prospective Bidders are directed to mail a cover letter and a check to the Issuing Office (Attn: Joann Ross; City Hall Building; Engineering Department; Suite 133; 109 3rd Ave South; Franklin, TN 37064; RE: FSSD Ball Fields Bidding Documents) to purchase the Bidding Documents. At a minimum, the cover letter shall include your company name, project information (FSSD Ball Fields - COF Contract Number 2020-0173), address, primary contact, phone number and email address. Following receipt of the check and cover letter, the City shall mail all Bidding Documents to the prospective Bidder.
2) Bidders are not allowed to mail Bid Packets to the Issuing Office. Bid Packets shall instead be dropped off at City Hall, 109 3rd Avenue South, directly to City of Franklin Engineering personnel, at a designated location near the northeast side City Hall entrance (between City Hall and the 2nd Ave Parking Garage), no earlier than 30 minutes before the bid Submittal deadline.
3) A virtual meeting will be initiated to allow Bidders to participate in the formal Bid Opening. The Bid Opening will commence approximately 10 minutes after the Bid Submittal deadline. An addendum will be issued, to the bidders on the approved list, providing the details on the virtual meeting.
Each Bid must be submitted on the Bid Form(s) provided in the Contract Documents along with the other documents required, including but not limited to the Drug Free Affidavit as required by T.C.A. § 50-9-113, and either accompanied by a Bid security, properly executed on the form provided or a Certified Check or Cashier’s Check drawn on a National or Tennessee Bank in the amount of 5% of the Total Bid Price.
The envelope containing the vendors bid must be sealed and contain on the face of the envelope the word “BID”, the name of the Project, Bidder’s Name, license number, expiration date thereof, and license classification in accordance with State law (TCA § 62-6-119). Masonry, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning as well as any additionally required Subcontractors’ name and prequalified sports field Subcontractor, license number, expiration date thereof, and license classification in accordance with State Law (TCA § 62-6-119), and the Time and Date of the Bid Opening shall also appear on the envelope. If the Bid is sent by mail, the sealed envelope shall be enclosed in a separate mailing envelope with the notation “SEALED BID ENCLOSED” on the face thereof.
All Bidders’ must be licensed contractors as required by the Contractor Licensing Act of 1976 (TCA Title 62, ch.6).
The City of Franklin, TN is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, drug-free, with policies of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age disability, or military service.
The City of Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, age, sex or disability in its hiring and employment practices, or in admission to, access to, or operation of its programs, services, and activities with regard to all aspects of this Contract. By submitting a Bid, the Bidder certifies and warrants they will also comply.
Bids received more than seventy-two (72) hours, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays before the time set for opening of bids, as well as bids received after the time set for opening of bids, shall not be considered and will be returned unopened.
The Owner reserves the right to revise or amend the Bidding Documents prior to the date set for the opening of Bids and the right to waive any informality in or to reject any and all bids. Bids lacking required documents or not submitted in accordance with Tennessee State Bidding Laws will be rejected and may subject bidder to a one (1) year ban from submittal on future City of Franklin, TN projects. For additional information call Shahad Abdulrahman; Shahad.Abdulrahman@franklintn.gov; 615-550-6708.
END OF ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID
- Tennessee doctors: Make masks mandatory, enforce rules
- Brentwood city officials issue support for mask mandate
- Budget committee votes 3-2 in favor of establishing county seal task force
- No injuries reported after Berry Farms crane collapses
- Williamson County Democratic Party urges immediate retirement of existing county seal
- Franklin man charged in Friday morning shooting
- Community leaders encourage masks for benefit of local economy
- Franklin to resume curbside recycling services July 13
- Bush Hog in Franklin parks causes concern amongst residents
- Williamson County Schools releases parent survey results
- Williamson County mayor announces countywide mask mandate
- Williamson Medical Center issues COVID-19 statement, claims increase in hospitalizations
- No one injured during Friday morning shooting in Franklin
- Deputy Elijah Kelley
- TSSAA announces COVID-19 impacts on fall seasons
- Vui’s Kitchen brings Vietnamese cuisine to Franklin
- Fireworks to launch over Westhaven on Friday
- TSSAA proposes 3 options for high school football, pushes back start for girls soccer