Details for NOTICE OF MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE OF MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Board of Directors of The Health and Educational Facilities Board of the City of Franklin, Tennessee (the “Issuer”) will be held at 9:00 a.m. on June 5, 2020, to consider and act upon all business which may properly come before the Issuer, said business to include, but not necessarily be limited to, giving approval to, and authorizing officers of the Issuer to execute documents in connection with, the issuance of a revenue bond or bonds in the aggregate principal amount not exceeding $5,000,000.00 (Five Million dollars) (the “Bonds”). The Bonds will be qualified 501(c)(3) bonds, as defined in Section 145 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, the proceeds of the sale of which will be used to make one or more loans to Battle Ground Academy of Franklin, Tennessee (the “Borrower”) to (i) refinance the Issuer’s outstanding Educational Facility Revenue Note, Series 1994A (Battle Ground Academy Project), the proceeds of which were loaned to the Borrower to finance or refinance the acquisition, construction and equipping of land and educational and athletic facilities located at or adjacent to 336 Ernest Rice Lane, Franklin, Tennessee (the “Glen Echo Campus”) (ii) refinance the Issuer’s Educational Facilities Revenue and Improvement Bonds (Battle Ground Academy Project) Series 2009, the proceeds of which were used to finance or refinance the acquisition, construction, renovation and equipping of land and educational and athletic facilities located at or adjacent to the Glen Echo Campus. All property and facilities financed or refinance with the proceeds of the Bonds are owned and operated by the Borrower.
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and the declaration of a state of emergency by Governor Bill Lee, the Issuer will hold the above-described meeting in an electronic format in accordance with State of Tennessee Executive Order No. 16, as extended by Executive Order No. 34. This meeting will be an ELECTRONIC MEETING ONLY and will not include a physical meeting location in order to protect the public health, safety, and welfare. Members of the public may access the meeting by calling in to the conference meeting 1-615-550-8420. Callers will be unmuted and given an opportunity to ask questions and make comments during the meeting at specific times.
A public hearing (pursuant to Section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended) will be held at the above-described meeting by the Issuer in connection with the issuance of the Bonds and the location and nature of the projects to be refinanced. At such public hearing there will be an opportunity for persons to express their views concerning the foregoing. Anyone may speak at such public hearing or submit written comments to be considered at such hearing. Persons wishing to participate should submit a written request to speak to Jim Oglesby, counsel to the Issuer, at the below address at least 24 hours prior to the public hearings.
Additional information concerning the above may be obtained from, and written comments should be addressed to, Jim Oglesby, Schell & Oglesby, 509 New Highway 96 W # 201Franklin, TN 37064-2545, email email@example.com, telephone number (615) 550-2800.
THE HEALTH AND EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES BOARD OF THE CITY OF FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE
- Man arrested in Arkansas following Williamson County indictment
- Church group prays for law enforcement
- Annual police memorial service honors the fallen, their families
- Virtual driving tours of county roads showcase changes and little treasures
- Franklin mayor declares October Fire Prevention Month
- Football: In switch due to COVID-19, No. 5 Brentwood to host top-ranked Oakland
- FrankTown fundraiser seeks to support life skills programs, new facility
- Franklin police sergeant retires after 27 years
- Group rallies in downtown Franklin to show support for law enforcement, Constitution
- Obituary: Danny Dean Chambers
- Football: CPA hit with positive COVID-19 cases, cancels homecoming game against Brentwood
- Former thrift store owner continues to create jobs for adults with disabilities
- Football Preview: Ravenwood draws spotlight with big game vs. IMG Academy; Indy, Franklin hosting games
- Downtown Franklin to turn orange Thursday
- Franklin Christmas parade canceled
- Independence High forced to close due to COVID-19, postpones crucial football game
- Volleyball: With coach Campbell sidelined, Brentwood continues unbeaten streak
- Football: Ravenwood falls in battle against nation’s top-ranked team