Details for PUBLIC MEETING WILLIAMSON COUNTY ZONING MAP
WILLIAMSON COUNTY ZONING MAP
In March of 2020, following an extensive public participation process, Williamson County adopted Williamson2040, the County’s updated Comprehensive Land Use Plan. Among other recommendations, the Plan calls for reducing allowable density in rural areas and directing the majority of growth in and around the municipalities. In order to implement the Plan recommendations, large areas of rural Williamson County are proposed to be zoned to allow a maximum density of 1 unit per 5 acres as well as proposed changes to several elements of the zoning ordinance related to development. As a result, Williamson County is undertaking some revisions to its Official Zoning Map and Zoning Ordinance.
Purpose of the Meeting:
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the proposed zoning changes with property owners who may be affected. These property owners should have received individual notice that their property may be affected sent to the address on file with the County Trustee. Because the health of Williamson County citizens is a primary concern of Williamson County Government the County has provided a number of means by which property owners can seek information and ask questions regarding the proposed zoning map amendments in relation to their property, including electronic meetings, telephone conferences, and individual in-person meetings with Planning staff. However, the County is aware that some property owners would prefer to hear from planning staff in a public meeting setting. As such, the County has scheduled two in-person public meetings in order to share information related to the proposed zoning map and zoning text amendments, while following the safety guidelines and recommendations of the CDC and Tennessee Department of Health and Governor Lee.
These meetings will be conducted as follows:
August 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m and August 19, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Williamson County Agricultural Expo Center, 4215 Long Lane, Franklin, TN 37064
• If you are an affected property owner and wish to attend the meeting, please contact the Planning office to request a slot. In order to maintain the best safety practices, attendance at the meeting will be limited to 50 people and only those persons who have called or emailed and requested to attend will be allowed to enter the facility.
• To request a slot at one of the public meetings, please contact Mike Matteson at 615-790-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The meeting space will be set in order to comply with proper social distancing.
• Upon entering the Ag Expo Center, those persons attending the meeting will be required to have a temporal scan administered, and anyone with a temperature registering greater that 100.4 will not be allowed admittance.
• Also, the five personal health questions in the Governor’s pledge must be acknowledged.
• A face covering must be worn at all times.
Information Available for Review Prior to Meeting:
Information regarding the proposed amendments as well as other helpful information related to the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and Frequently Asked Questions regarding the amendments can be found at williamsoncounty-tn.gov/zoningupdate.
Viewing of Meeting:
Any affected property owners unable to attend the meeting will be able to view a recording of the meeting on the Williamson County website within 5 days of the meeting.
Anyone requesting accommodation due to disabilities should contact Risk Management at 615-790-5466. This request, if possible, should be made three (3) working days prior to the meeting.
- Franklin police sergeant retires after 27 years
- Thai Esane to open location in Hill Center Brentwood
- Franklin’s Swiger, Page’s McNamara named Gateway Tire Athletes of the Week
- Volleyball: BGA rolls into district finals after sweep of GCA
- Volleyball: With coach Campbell sidelined, Brentwood continues unbeaten streak
- Tennessee gov to lift virus business limits on most counties
- Downtown Franklin to turn orange Thursday
- Refuge Center celebrates final payment on Long Lane property
- Group rallies in downtown Franklin to show support for law enforcement, Constitution
- Football: CPA hit with positive COVID-19 cases, cancels homecoming game against Brentwood
- Football Preview: Ravenwood draws spotlight with big game vs. IMG Academy; Indy, Franklin hosting games
- Obituary: Danny Dean Chambers
- Former thrift store owner continues to create jobs for adults with disabilities
- Franklin Christmas parade canceled
- Spring Station student inspires joy, amasses deep friendships as 12-year-old assistant football coach
- Independence High forced to close due to COVID-19, postpones crucial football game
- Football: Ravenwood falls in battle against nation’s top-ranked team
- Local salon owners adjusting to new norms