Details for REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE CITY OF FRANKLIN
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
FOR THE CITY OF FRANKLIN
HISTORIC DISTRICT DESIGN GUIDELINES GRAPHICS
COF CONTRACT No. 2020-0242
NOTICE TO RECEIVE REQUESTS FOR QUALIFICATIONS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Franklin, Tennessee will receive
statements of qualifications in the office of the City Administrator, City Hall, 109 3rd
Avenue South, Suite 103, Franklin, Tennessee, 37064, until 5:00 PM (Central Time),
October 30, 2020 for the following: Request for Qualifications for Planning Services
for The City of Franklin Historic District Design Guidelines Graphics – COF
Contract No. 2020-0242. Documents are on file and available for examination at the
Office of the City Administrator of Franklin, Tennessee located at 109 3rd Avenue South.
The envelope containing the statement of qualifications must be sealed and contain the words “Request for Qualifications for Planning Services for the City of Franklin Historic District Design Guidelines Graphics – COF Contract No. 2020-0242.”
Statements of qualifications received after the time set for submittal of qualifications,
shall not be considered.
The Board of Mayor and Aldermen of Franklin, Tennessee shall reserve the right to reject any and all statements of qualifications if said body deems it necessary in the best interest of the citizens of Franklin, Tennessee. Additional information may be obtained by contacting Ms. Amanda Rose, Preservation Planner; firstname.lastname@example.org (All questions/responses will be shared with all applicants on the project webpage at
In December 2019, the Board of Mayor and Aldermen (BOMA) updated the Franklin
Zoning Ordinance that implemented a new outline and framework. The Department of
Planning & Sustainability is undertaking a Historic District Design Guidelines (“the
Guidelines”) update to follow suit, as it will maximize the effectiveness of the document
as a user-friendly tool for supporting the preservation of historic resources and
encouraging compatible design for the use of applicants, the Historic Zoning Commission (HZC), the City staff, and the public.
The City of Franklin is soliciting responses from individuals or firms qualified to render
services for the creation of illustrative graphical images of sufficient quality and quantity to convey the intent and meaning of the Guidelines. While the technical writing will be completed by in-house staff, the City is requesting qualifications from consultants with experience with architectural or graphic design related to historic preservation, contextresponsive historic and infill architecture, and development of customized graphics with an emphasis on architecture for a historic district. The expected schedule of work will be winter 2020 through summer 2021, resulting in a positive HZC recommendation and BOMA vote to approve the Guidelines.
RFQ PROCESS INFORMATION
Selection for the award of this contract will be done in a two-step process. The first step will be to review and evaluate the submitted statements based on qualifications. Past performance on architectural or graphic design projects of similar nature, magnitude, and complexity will be the principal evaluation factors. The second step will involve shortlisting firms for a formal interview process.
All qualification requirements must be met, or capable of being met by the responding
firm, or its statement of qualifications will be disqualified as being nonresponsive.
Statement of Qualifications Format The response submittal shall be no more than 33 single-sided 8½-inch x 11-inch pages, not including dividers, and shall consist of the following:
A. Title Page and Table of Contents (2 pages):
B. Letter of Interest (1 page):
1. Provide a summary of the firm’s interest, understanding, and qualifications to perform the services anticipated by the Request for Qualifications.
C. Experience and qualifications (10 pages max):
1. Provide an overview of the firm, including organizational structure and a brief history.
2. Describe the firm’s experience, expertise, and capabilities to perform the services anticipated by the Request for Qualifications, including exemplary experience with architectural or graphic design related to historic preservation, context-responsive historic and infill architecture, and development of customized graphics with an emphasis on architecture for a historic district.
3. Identify key personnel that would be assigned to this project and identify each member’s education, certifications, experience, and qualifications. Indicate the degree of availability of each identified individual for this project/client. At least one of the following professionals shall be assigned to the project: an architect, a graphic designer, or similarly certified professional.
D. Work History & References (20 pages max):
Provide at least five examples where the key personnel above have provided services resembling the services being anticipated by the City’s Request for Qualifications. For each example, provide sample graphics that demonstrate design capabilities and describe the work performed by the key personnel. For each example, include the client’s name, title, email address, and phone number of a contact person that the City of Franklin may contact as a reference.
EVALUATION CRITERIA AND FIRM SELECTION
The following criteria will be used to evaluate response submittals:
Experience and Qualifications: up to 50 points
Work History and References up to 50 points
Total Max Score: up to 100 points
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The Request For Qualifications must be received by the City of Franklin before 5:00
PM (Central Time), October 30, 2020. Submissions must be responsive to the requirements of the Request for Qualifications. Failure to do so will render the submittals as nonresponsive and it will not be evaluated. The submittal must include one set of original submittal documents, two additional hard copies, plus one complete digital copy: The digital copy shall be loaded on either a CD or a flash drive and shall consist of one (preferably) or more text-searchable, nonpassword-protected files in Portable Document Format (PDF). The submittal must be submitted to:
Ms. Amanda Rose
Franklin City Hall
Department of Planning and Sustainability
109 3rd Avenue South, Suite 133
Franklin, Tennessee 37064
Statements of Qualifications must be submitted in strict compliance to the instructions
included in the NOTICE TO RECEIVE REQUESTS FOR QUALIFICATION. Upon
receipt, the Statements of Qualifications shall become the property of the City of
Franklin, without compensation to the responding firms, for disposition or usage by the
City of Franklin at its discretion.
- Columbia State Foundation names new board members
- Brentwood Police Department to host drug take-back event
- New physician practice opens in Franklin
- White House: Tennessee mask mandate 'must be implemented'
- Two arborvitae for tight spaces
- Nursery automation focus of new effort led by UTIA
- Flu vs. COVID-19: How to protect yourself and others
- Virtual Unite Williamson event focuses on togetherness in diversity and healing
- New Franklin park name to honor memory of young resident
- Nurse’s observations at dentist office saves Spring Hill resident’s life
- Mike Wolfe, Leiper's Fork community leaders launch 'Nashville's Big Back Yard'
- Fairview mayor resigns following shoplifting incident at Spring Hill Target
- Franklin’s contested public expression ordinance passes by slim margin
- Franklin resident publishes first novel
- Franklin lawyer suspended by state Supreme Court
- Soccer: Ravenwood stops Centennial for district title, region berth
- Soccer: Late goal propels Centennial into district finals
- Split Log Road crash in Brentwood leads to casualty