You have permission to edit this article.
Edit

Faulty HVAC unit believed to be culprit of Franklin house fire

  • 0
  • 1 min to read
House fire

A house fire in Franklin's Stream Valley subdivision may have started because of a faulty HVAC unit.  

The Franklin Fire Department extinguished a house fire Wednesday afternoon in the Stream Valley subdivision that’s may have started because of a faulty HVAC unit.  

Firefighters were dispatched around 1:45 p.m. to the two-story residence on Streamside Lane. The homeowner smelled smoke, and upon investigation, discovered heavy smoke in the attic. She evacuated and called 911.

Franklin Fire Marshal Andy King said the fire started in the attic and is believed to have been caused by a faulty HVAC unit.

Firefighters contained the fire to the attic. King estimated damage at $5,000. No one was injured.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.