You have permission to edit this article.
Edit

Gas grill causes Franklin house fire

  • 0
  • 1 min to read
McKay's Mill House Fire

A propane tank from a gas grill ignited a house fire in the McKay’s Mill subdivision in Franklin.

A propane tank from a gas grill ignited a house fire in the McKay’s Mill subdivision in Franklin Monday evening, according to Franklin Fire Investigator Will Farris.

Farris said the homeowner was grilling on the driveway of their home on Oxford Glen Drive when the propane tank malfunctioned and caught fire. The flames then spread to the exterior of the home. 

The Franklin Fire Department was dispatched at 6:29 p.m. to the two-story, single-family residence. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which caused an estimated $10,000 in damage. The family of four was unharmed.

Farris said this incident is a good reminder of the importance of placing your grill well away from anything that can burn.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.