The Shake Shack restaurant in Franklin closed Monday for repairs after fire damaged the kitchen Sunday night.
The Franklin Fire Department was dispatched at 9:27 p.m. to the one-story building at 5027 Aspen Grove Drive. Prior to their arrival, an employee used an extinguisher on the fire, which started behind the gas-powered griddle near an electrical outlet. Firefighters confirmed that the fire was out when they arrived on scene.
Franklin Fire Investigator Engineer Brian Daugherty said the fire appeared to have been caused by arcing electrical equipment. He estimated damage, which was contained to the kitchen area, at less than $5,000. He expects the business to reopen soon after repairs and inspections are completed, though an exact timetable was not given.