You have permission to edit this article.
Edit

Shake Shack closes Monday due to kitchen fire

  • 0
  • 1 min to read
Shake Shack

Shake Shack is located at 5027 Aspen Grove Drive in Franklin.

The Shake Shack restaurant in Franklin closed Monday for repairs after fire damaged the kitchen Sunday night. 

The Franklin Fire Department was dispatched at 9:27 p.m. to the one-story building at 5027 Aspen Grove Drive. Prior to their arrival, an employee used an extinguisher on the fire, which started behind the gas-powered griddle near an electrical outlet. Firefighters confirmed that the fire was out when they arrived on scene.  

Franklin Fire Investigator Engineer Brian Daugherty said the fire appeared to have been caused by arcing electrical equipment. He estimated damage, which was contained to the kitchen area, at less than $5,000. He expects the business to reopen soon after repairs and inspections are completed, though an exact timetable was not given.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.