Franklin Community of Faith Church of the Nazarene will celebrate its 100th Anniversary Sunday, Sept. 9.
A Meet and Greet will take place from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and a Morning Worship Service will be from 10:30 a.m. to noon. A catered lunch will be served at noon. The community is invited.
Pastor Ronnie Johnson will lead the service.
Although the beginnings of the congregation dates back to 1896, the Franklin Community of Faith Church as it is known today was organized on Sept. 22, 1918, under the direction of Rev. J. L. Roby.
Then, in 1926, after the death of the original deed holders, the city of Franklin seized the property after it was deemed as not being used and sold the tabernacle at Fourth and Margin Street where the church first sat for $3,200. Officials were seeking to collect street improvement taxes from the property.
On Nov. 13, 1927, the Appellate Court of Nashville ruled the property was not subject to sale, and the money paid for its seizure was returned.
The old tabernacle building was then demolished in October of 1929 and replaced with a new structure encompassing an auditorium and four classrooms.
A parsonage was then built in 1935 to house Rev. Lloyd Parsons and his family, and a Sunday school annex was completed in 1959.
In the 1984, with attendance budding and finances growing, the church purchased the 8.3 acres where it currently resides on Jordan Road. The move-in day was Easter Sunday of 1989.
Since the construction of the current facility, the church has continued to grow, expanding staff and the church structure while also revitalizing ministries.
“May God continue to bless and prosper His Work and may we as a congregation live the life of heart holiness to be the light and a blessing to Franklin, Tennessee,” Johnson said.
“We have had 100 years of service loving God and loving people and being a mission-minded church.”