In a survey conducted among The Fresh Market’s guests, more than half (53%) indicated they will do more cooking this holiday season than last year and host smaller gatherings, while 70% said they plan to host between two and eight people.
“The Fresh Market has become a go-to destination for restaurant-quality meals, particularly during this unprecedented time,” said Dan Portnoy, chief merchandising officer at The Fresh Market. “We are thrilled to be able to offer our guests a range of ready-to-heat holiday meals and party platters to make their celebrations extraordinary and fit gatherings of all socially distanced sizes.”
Holiday meal offerings
Over the past six months, the specialty grocer has elevated their restaurant-quality meals, and that is no exception this holiday season. For the main event, The Fresh Market offers five different options of complete, ready-to-heat holiday meals that range in size to accommodate gatherings of all sizes. The turkey comes fully cooked and is an exclusive recipe to The Fresh Market to ensure it is tender, moist and flavorful. New this year is the Ultimate Holiday Meal and the Essential Ham Meal.
Here is what is included with each offering:
• Ultimate Holiday Meal serves 12-14 guests ($159.99, approximately $11.43 per person) and Includes a 10-12 pound fully cooked turkey, 3.5 pounds of boneless sliced ham, 4 pounds of Yukon gold whipped potatoes, 3 pounds of traditional herb stuffing, 30 ounces of homestyle turkey gravy, 2 pounds of corn souffle, 2 pounds of green bean medley, 16 ounces of cranberry relish with walnuts, 24 golden dinner rolls and a Colonial apple pie.
• Traditional Holiday Meal serves eight-10 guests ($79.99, approximately $8 per person) and includes a 10-12 pound fully cooked turkey, 30 ounces of homestyle turkey gravy, 3 pounds of traditional herb stuffing, 3 pounds of Yukon gold whipped potatoes, 16 ounces of cranberry relish with walnuts and 12 golden dinner rolls.
• Essential Holiday Meal serves three-five guests ($59.99, approximately $12 per person) and includes a 2.5-pound fully cooked turkey breast, 30 ounces of homestyle turkey gravy, 2 pounds of traditional herb stuffing, 2 pounds of Yukon gold whipped potatoes, 1 pound of green bean medley and 8 ounces of cranberry relish with walnuts.
• Holiday Ham Meal serves eight-10 guests ($89.99, approximately $9 per person) and includes a 9-pound spiral sliced honey ham, 2.5 pounds of white cheddar scalloped potatoes, 2.5 pounds of green bean medley, 2.5 pounds of roasted butternut squash with pecans and cranberries, 16 ounces of cranberry relish with walnuts and 12 golden dinner rolls.
• Essential Ham Meal serves three-five guests ($59.99, approximately $12 per person) and includes a 3.5-pound boneless sliced ham, 1.5 pounds of white cheddar scalloped potatoes, 1.5 pounds of butternut squash with pecans and cranberries, 1.5 pounds of green bean medley and 8 ounces of cranberry relish with walnuts.
In February of this year, The Fresh Market put their double-glazed honey ham to the ultimate taste test with a “Honey Ham Challenge” in one of their Greensboro, North Carolina stores. Guests were able to blind taste two different ham offerings, one from The Fresh Market and another from one of the most popular holiday ham take-out restaurants to see which one reigns superior in terms of quality, taste and price. See why eight out of 10 guests who participated in the challenge preferred The Fresh Market’s honey ham confirming that it cannot be beat in terms of value for the quality in this taste-test video here.
The complete holiday meals can be ordered online beginning Oct. 28 through Nov. 21 at 2 p.m. EST and then picked up in-store or via curbside service on Nov. 23-26. Guests can also order their meals à la carte in case they prefer a standing rib roast or beef tenderloin to turkey or want to mix and match side dishes.
Exclusive to The Fresh Market: New twists to celebrate
In addition to classic holiday entrées, The Fresh Market also has a few unique offerings for those having a smaller gathering or looking to try something new this year.
• Turducken: Handmade in store and consists of a boneless duck breast stuffed inside a boneless chicken breast stuffed inside a boneless turkey breast. It is also packed with garlic and herb dressing and Andouille sausage throughout for even more flavor. Check out this Turducken with Bourbon and Thyme Gravy recipe for our favorite way to serve it.
• Holiday Turkey Pie: Only available at The Fresh Market, the Holiday Turkey Pie contains all the traditional Thanksgiving foods in one. It combines layers of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberries into a flaky crust for a mouthful of Thanksgiving in every bite.
• Turkey Roulade: The Fresh Market’s savory turkey roulade features a flavorful apple stuffing and is perfect for those who do not want to roast a whole turkey this year.
In addition to the ready-to-heat holiday meals, The Fresh Market also has more than 50 different made-in-store party platters to help simplify small gatherings or make Thanksgiving breakfast a little easier. Guests can choose from a variety of platters including artisan cheese plates, continental breakfast, flavorful salads, fresh shrimp cocktail or oysters and even international fare like the Mediterranean-inspired falafel pita platter.
Signature items and perennial best-selling platters include fruit and crudité because of their freshness and prep time as well as roasted chicken salad on freshly baked croissants, Take & Bake Brie (available in apricot almond, raspberry almond and strawberry walnut), roasted buffalo chicken dip in a sourdough boule, fresh fruit tart and gourmet cakes exclusive to The Fresh Market like the triple chocolate truffle cake.
Guests can order platters online before 2 p.m. to pick up their platters the following day or order in store.
Cook Like a Chef with Anna Rossi
On Thursday, Nov. 12 at 8 p.m., guests can tune into The Fresh Market’s Facebook page where Chef Anna Rossi, a former finalist on “MasterChef,” will be live to preview the Ultimate Thanksgiving Meal, provide serving tips and answer questions from viewers on how to make the most out of Thanksgiving dinner this year.
Take a Slice Out of Hunger
Giving back this holiday season is easy as cream pie during The Fresh Market’s Take A Slice Out of Hunger fundraiser. From Nov. 4 to Dec. 1, The Fresh Market will donate $1 from every cream pie sold to their national charitable partner, Feeding America. The 9-inch cream pies, which can be found in the bakery department, are made from scratch, decorated by hand and available in the flavors of French chocolate silk, chocolate silk peanut butter and bananas foster. Every dollar raised helps provide at least 10 meals, and 90% of the funds raised stays in the local community.