> sign up for Herald e-news

Halloween fire damages Franklin home

Franklin Firefighters quickly extinguished a dryer fire that started in a Garden Club Estates home on Halloween night.

The Franklin Fire Department responded around 5:30 p.m. to the two-story home on Violet Drive with nine apparatus and 18 personnel, amidst numerous on-looking trick-or-treaters.

Franklin Fire Investigator David Edge said the blaze was mostly contained to the laundry room, but there was smoke damage throughout the house. No one was injured.

After a preliminary investigation, Edge said the fire appeared to have been caused by an electrical problem with the dryer. He estimated damage to the $500,000 home at $40,000.

Posted on: 11/1/2012


WILLIAMSON HERALD :: 1117 Columbia Avenue :: P.O. Box 681359 :: Franklin, TN 37068
615.790.6465, phone :: 615.790.7551, fax ::

Copyright 2006, All rights reserved. ::
Privacy Policy ::
Advertise ::