SEARCH THE HERALD:

> sign up for Herald e-news

Cause determined in New Years Eve fire at Brentwoods Local Taco

According to Brentwood Fire Chief an early morning blaze that cause upwards of $15,000 worth of damage to Local Taco in Brentwood was caused by radiant heat from the popular eatery’s commercial stove. “That heat ignited combustible materials within the wall adjacent to the stove.  It is estimated that they will be closed for at least 10-14 days,” said Chief Brian Goss.

Just before 4 p.m. on New Years Eve, Brentwood Fire & Rescue responded to a reported structure fire at Local Taco, 146 Pewitt Drive. “Our units arrived on scene and reported smoke showing from the B (East) side of the building. We quickly determined that there was fire inside a wall adjacent to the stove/oven area and that it had begun to extend into the attic. The wall was opened and we accessed the attic by opening the roof. The fire was located and extinguished, limiting damage to the area of origin,” he said.

No one was injured in the incident.

Posted on: 1/2/2013

 
 

WILLIAMSON HERALD :: 1117 Columbia Avenue :: P.O. Box 681359 :: Franklin, TN 37068
615.790.6465, phone :: 615.790.7551, fax ::
contact@WILLIAMSONHERALD.com

Copyright 2006, WILLIAMSONHERALD.com. All rights reserved. ::
Privacy Policy ::
Advertise ::
Feedback