SEARCH THE HERALD:

> sign up for Herald e-news

Fire displaces residents from duplex on Westminster Drive

Three people were displaced by a fire that damaged their duplex apartment April 2.

The Franklin Fire Department responded around 11:15 a.m. to the duplex on Westminster Drive with five apparatus and 17 firefighters.

According to Franklin Fire Investigator David Edge, the fire originated in the utility room near a mini refrigerator and preliminarily appears to have been caused by a power cord failure. No residents were home in either unit when the fire started and no one was injured.
 
Edge said the fire department contained the fire to one apartment with no extension into the other unit.  He estimated damage at $30,000.
 
The Williamson County Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.

Posted on: 4/3/2013

 
 

WILLIAMSON HERALD :: 1117 Columbia Avenue :: P.O. Box 681359 :: Franklin, TN 37068
615.790.6465, phone :: 615.790.7551, fax ::
contact@WILLIAMSONHERALD.com

Copyright 2006, WILLIAMSONHERALD.com. All rights reserved. ::
Privacy Policy ::
Advertise ::
Feedback