Bethesda Elementary evacuates due to small fire
Bethesda Elementary School in the Williamson County Schools district conducted an emergency evacuation today due to a small fire caused by a HVAC unit motor that burned
A small fire in the faulty motor caused smoke to enter the music room, which prompted the evacuation. A volunteer fire
department in Bethesda responded to the scene.
There were no injuries, and students were back in their seats by late morning to promptly resume their studies.
“We followed our emergency protocol which included evacuation of the building,” said Carol Birdsong, WCS
“Principal Steve Fisher called parents to let them know about the evacuation and to assure them that the children
were safe. He also told parents that he was proud of the way the children responded to the situation.”
Maintenance was working to repair the motor today.
Posted on: 9/25/2013