SEARCH THE HERALD:

> sign up for Herald e-news

Electrical problem believed to have caused fire at Franklin business

An electrical problem is believed to have started a fire that heavily damaged an insurance company’s offices late Tuesday night, according to Franklin Fire Marshal Andy King.
 
The fire started in a second floor bathroom closet at A 2 Z Insurance, one of 10 businesses in a Holiday Court business condo building, causing about $50,000 in damage, said King.  He said an adjacent unit also sustained minimal smoke and water damage.
 
The Franklin Fire Department was called to the scene just before 11 p.m. by a passerby who reported the fire from a cell phone.
 
Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke showing from the roof vent.  Upon entry they encountered heavy smoke and fire on the second floor. 
 
King said firefighters kept the fire from extending into the attic, protecting other businesses in the building.  “Firefighters made a great stop on a fire that was rapidly extending into the attic,” said King.
 
The two-story building, valued at $2 million, was not protected by fire sprinklers or an automatic fire alarm system.

Posted on: 2/17/2014

 
 

WILLIAMSON HERALD :: 1117 Columbia Avenue :: P.O. Box 681359 :: Franklin, TN 37068
615.790.6465, phone :: 615.790.7551, fax ::
contact@WILLIAMSONHERALD.com

Copyright 2006, WILLIAMSONHERALD.com. All rights reserved. ::
Privacy Policy ::
Advertise ::
Feedback