Halloween fire damages Franklin home
Franklin Firefighters quickly extinguished a dryer fire that started in a Garden Club Estates home on Halloween night.
The Franklin Fire Department responded around 5:30 p.m. to the two-story home on Violet Drive with nine apparatus and 18 personnel, amidst numerous on-looking trick-or-treaters.
Franklin Fire Investigator David Edge said the blaze was mostly contained to the laundry room, but there was smoke damage throughout the house. No one was injured.
After a preliminary investigation, Edge said the fire appeared to have been caused by an electrical problem with the dryer. He estimated damage to the $500,000 home at $40,000.
Posted on: 11/1/2012