Service is a tradition in Taylor Kinney’s family. Her grandfather was a police officer, her stepfather and brother-in-law were firefighters.
Firefighters frequently check each piece of equipment to ensure everything is in top working order for any type of emergency call they may rec…
Editor’s note: This story discusses suicide and mental health.
A ride-along in a fire truck changed the course of Brentwood Fire and Rescue Department Battalion Chief Derek Hyde’s life.
Becoming a firefighter was never a childhood dream for Spring Hill Fire Department Capt. Colby Flint, but after almost 20 years at Spring Hill…
In March 2020, during the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, confusion and fear abounded. Businesses were shut down, school buildings clo…
The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office recently welcomed a new member to the force.
Tiffany Hyde has been an emergency room nurse for 31 years, almost 13 of those at Williamson Medical Center. She also taught nursing and emerg…
When he was growing up, Nolensville Police Department Sgt. Chris Peercy was surrounded by family members and family friends who were in law en…
When he was a very little boy playing with Matchbox cars, Will Riddle’s favorites were fire trucks. He often took one along with him on his re…
For 22 years, Paul Rucker worked at his uncle’s business, Brentwood Interiors. When his father opened Ed’s Flooring Store in Nashville, he the…
- By Jodi Rall • For the Herald
In five years since joining the Brentwood Police Department, patrol officer Billy Townsend has served as a member of the honor guard, bike pat…
- BGA adds 5 to board of trustees
- Franklin citizens invited to community meetings to discuss growth boundary
- WCS staff likely to recommend extending mask requirement
- Volleyball: Ravenwood finds redemption against Lady Knights
- Soccer: Ravenwood, Franklin battle to scoreless draw in championship rematch
- Nominations open for annual Exemplary Community Volunteer Awards
- Former Williamson County deputy arrested on official misconduct charge
- Student asks community to help win $400K in prizes for Ravenwood, higher education
- Franklin board hears pushback, support for Brownland Farm development
- CEO: Williamson Medical ventilating patients at higher rate than past COVID surges
- Franklin neighbors voice traffic concerns around Franklin Grove event venue
- Tayla Lynn to host Humphreys County fundraiser at Franklin Theatre
- Downtown Franklin businesses broken into Friday morning
- Local resident to host free community picnic to promote unity
- Commentary: The truth hurts
- County officially kickstarts $281 million JJJ project
- Football: Brentwood rallies on the road; Ravenwood, Centennial win at home
- Golf: Ravenwood’s Hake, Franklin’s DiPaolo take district titles